Will I be given training on how to update my website?
Yes, all of our website builds include a training session on how to update and manage your website. Whether we build your website in Joomla or Wordpress it will be easy for you to make basic changes without needing to know any programming or HTML code.
Training sessions provided – included in your website build
When we get to the final stages of your website build we’ll provide you with training on how to use your content management system (CMS). These training sessions are usually done virtually as all you need is a computer, a web browser and your phone. You can have multiple staff members in the one training session if you want to – our advice is anyone who’s going to be updating and managing your website should be included on the training session.
All of our website training is conducted by Peter – he’s presented at various workshops and seminars over the past ten years and is able to explain things in layman’s terms so you won’t leave the training session with your head spinning!
What’s included in our website training session?
As part of your training, you’ll learn how to:-
- Add new menu items and pages to your site
- Incorporate links on your pages (whether it’s to your pages or other websites)
- Edit contact details when necessary (change of address, etc)
- Add images to your pages (or replace current ones)
- Add links to documents (eg. pdfs, brochures, etc)
- Add other staff members to the website so they can make changes too
- Backup your website and update software (when required)
Don’t worry, if you know how to surf the web, Facebook and use Microsoft Word, you’ll have no trouble making changes to your website – it’s super easy!